|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 9|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||May 15, 2001|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||January 10, 1961|
|Place of birth||McKeesport, Pennsylvania|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Issues
- 5 Elections
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Analysis
- 8 Recent news
- 9 Personal
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Shuster serves on the following committees:
- Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces
- Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
Shuster ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Pennsylvania's 8th District. He was unopposed in the April 24 Republican primary and has no Democratic opponent for the November 6 general election.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania in 2012 as one of the states that could determine whether Democrats retake the House or Republicans will hold its majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 9 Election, 2010|
|Republican||Bill Shuster Incumbent||73.1%||141,904|
|Bill Shuster (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$93,374.79||$83,691.30||$(73,818.37)||$103,247.72|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$422,469.08||$266,719.87||$(204,269.27)||$484,919.68|
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 9 Election, 2010 - Bill Shuster Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Top contributors to Bill Shuster's campaign committee|
|New Enterprise Stone & Lime||$21,300|
|Union Pacific Corp||$11,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Materials & Equipment||$48,400|
Congressional Staff Salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Shuster paid his congressional staff a total of $925,293 in 2011. Overall, Pennsylvania ranks 34th in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Shuster's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $674,033 to $1,755,000. That averages to $1,214,516.50 which is lower than the average net worth of Republican Representatives in 2010 of $7,561,133.
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Bill Shuster has voted with the Republican Party 94.1% of the time, which ranked 64 among the 242 House Republican members as of December 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Bill + Shuster + Pennsylvania + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Bill+Shuster+Pennsylvania+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Bill Shuster News Feed
Bill Shuster is married to Rebecca. They have 2 children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Politico "2012 House Race Results"
- Gov Track "William “Bill” Shuster" Accessed April 19, 2012
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "SHUSTER, William (Bill), (1960 - )"
- Congressman Bill Shuster, Proudly Serving the 9th District of Pennsylvania "Committee Assignments"
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Pennsylvania Endorsements," March 13, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State "2012 General Primary Unofficial Returns," April 24, 2012
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Federal Election Commission "Bill Shuster's Summary Report," Accessed July 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Bill Shuster April Quarterly," Accessed July 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Bill Shuster July Quarterly," Accessed July 26, 2012
- Open Secrets "Bill Shuster 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
- LegiStorm, "Bill Shuster," Accessed September 18, 2012
- OpenSecrets.org, "Bill Shuster (R-Pa), 2010," Accessed September 18, 2012
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
|U.S. House of Representatives - Pennsylvania, District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |