|Mississippi State Senate District 2|
|2008 - Present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Place of birth||Memphis, TN|
|Profession||Real Estate Broker/Appraiser|
Stone joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 2nd district.
Stone is currently a Real Estate Broker/Appraiser.
Stone attended both Northeast Community College and the University of Mississippi.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Stone served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Business and Financial Institutions Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Executive Contingent Fund Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Municipalities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Property Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Stone won re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 2. He defeated Henry Boyd, Jr. in the Democratic primary on August 2 and Michael Cobb (R) in the general election took place on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 2 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||Bill Stone Incumbent||70.9%||11,655|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Bill Stone Incumbent||70.7%||8,835|
|Henry Boyd, Jr||29.3%||3,653|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Bill Stone raised $100,398 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 2|
|Bill Stone (D)||7,973||61%|
|Ralph Doxey (R)||5,096||39%|
In 2011, Stone received $31,882 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Stone's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$3,081|
|Abby Manufacturing Co||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$31,882|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,655|
|Cost of each vote received||$2.74|
In 2009 Bill Stone collected $3,825 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Check Into Cash||$1,000|
|Mississippi Malt Beverage Association||$500|
|Advance America Cash Advance||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Stone + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Stone and his wife, Debbie, have three children.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
Post Office Box 63
Ashland, MS 38603
Phone: 662-224-3949 (Home)
Phone: 662-224-3300 (Work)
- Official campaign website
- Bill Stone's personal website
- Official Mississippi Senate Member Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
- Bill Stone on Twitter
|Mississippi State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|