|Mississippi State Senate District 2|
|2008 - Present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Place of birth||Memphis, TN|
|Profession||Real Estate Broker/Appraiser|
Stone joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 2nd district.
Stone is currently a Real Estate Broker/Appraiser.
Stone attended both Northeast Community College and the University of Mississippi.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Stone served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Business and Financial Institutions Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Executive Contingent Fund Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Municipalities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Property Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Stone won re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 2. He defeated Henry Boyd, Jr. in the Democratic primary on August 2 and Michael Cobb (R) in the general election took place on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 2 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||Bill Stone Incumbent||70.9%||11,655|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Bill Stone Incumbent||70.7%||8,835|
|Henry Boyd, Jr||29.3%||3,653|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Bill Stone raised $100,398 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 2|
|Bill Stone (D)||7,973||61%|
|Ralph Doxey (R)||5,096||39%|
In 2011, Stone received $31,882 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Stone's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$3,081|
|Abby Manufacturing Co||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$31,882|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,655|
|Cost of each vote received||$2.74|
In 2009 Bill Stone collected $3,825 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Check Into Cash||$1,000|
|Mississippi Malt Beverage Association||$500|
|Advance America Cash Advance||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Stone + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Bill+Stone+Mississippi+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Bill Stone News Feed
Stone and his wife, Debbie, have three children.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
Post Office Box 63
Ashland, MS 38603
Phone: 662-224-3949 (Home)
Phone: 662-224-3300 (Work)
- Official campaign website
- Bill Stone's personal website
- Official Mississippi Senate Member Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
- Bill Stone on Twitter
|Mississippi State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|