For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Missouri State Senate District 21|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||2 four-year terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri College of Agriculture|
|Date of birth||April 19, 1947|
|Place of birth||Napton, Missouri|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Stouffer earned his BA from the University of Missouri College of Agriculture. He is a small business owner, a farmer, and a former School Board President.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stouffer served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Food Production and Outdoor Resources
- Commerce, Consumer Protection, Energy and the Environment
- Financial and Government Organizations and Elections
- Transportation, Chair
- Joint Committee on Transportation Oversight
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stouffer served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Food Production and Outdoor Resources Committee, Missouri Senate
- Governmental Accountability and Fiscal Oversight Committee, Missouri Senate
- Health, Mental Health, Seniors and Families Committee, Missouri Senate
- Transportation Committee, Missouri Senate
- Stouffer received approximately 30% of the vote in the Republican primary contest on August 7, 2012, finishing third.
|Missouri Secretary of State Republican Primary, 2012|
|Election Results via Missouri Secretary of State.|
Stouffer sought the Republican nomination for secretary of state in 2012 alongside state senator Scott Rupp and state rep. Shane Schoeller. He was defeated in the August 7 primary election by Schoeller. Schoeller will go on to face Democratic nominee Jason Kander, and two third party candidates - Libertarian Cisse Spragins and Constitution Party candidate Justin Harter in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
- Voter photo-ID law
"We need photo ID to protect the government,” Stouffer said. Stouffer said when prompted to provide his view on increasing voter identification requirements at the April 23 College Republican State Convention debate. While supportive of the current mission by one of his two Republican primary opponents, Rep. Shane Schoeller, to prevent voter fraud through his sponsorship of a compulsory photo ID bill, Stouffer does not support the bill as it is written. To date, the bill places too many obstacles before overseas troops seeking to cast their absentee ballots, Stouffer believes. He agrees with third Republican primary candidate, fellow Sen. Scott Rupp, that if the bill's language is changed-as Schoeller claims will happen-then he will vote for it. Stouffer pointed out that "You can’t live in our society without photo ID and it’s a level of security to prove we are who we are."
Stouffer wants "to work with county clerks to clean up conflicts in Missouri’s election law."
Stouffer was endorsed by The Kansas City Star in the Republican primary race, which takes place August 7. The staff behind the Missouri-based publication chose to support Stouffer over fellow GOP lawmakers Schoeller and Rupp because "he impressed us with his efforts to find a funding source to improve Interstate 70, and his funny campaign video touting the merits of his dog shows he has a sense of humor."
|Missouri State Senate, District 21 (2008)|
|Bill Stouffer (R)||47,285||64.0%|
|Joe Sadeghi (D)||26,643||36.0%|
|Missouri State Senate, District 21 (2004)|
|Bill Stouffer (R)||38,454||52.0%|
|Paige Bellamy (D)||35,438||48.0%|
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Partners for Leadership||$5,650|
|Missouri Soybean Association||$5,650|
|Missouri Bankers Association||$4,700|
His four largest contributors in 2004 were:
|6th Republican Congressional District Cmte||$6,000|
|7th Republican Senatorial District Cmte||$5,000|
|34th Republican Senatorial District Cmte||$4,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Stouffer + Missouri + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Stouffer currently resides on his family farm in Saline County, Napton, Missouri, with his wife, Sue Ellen. He has two children, Bert and Rob, and four grandchildren.
- Missouri Secretary of State
- Missouri secretary of state election, 2012
- Current Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan
- Bill Stouffer's official 2010 campaign website for Congress
- Bill Stouffer's official Missouri Senate member page
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- State Surge legislative profile
- Bill Stouffer on Facebook
- Bill Stouffer on Twitter
- Bill Stouffer Official Campaign Site
- Bill Stouffer for Secretary of State on Facebook
- Missouri Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Results," August 8, 2012
- The Maneater, "Missouri Republican candidates spar in forum," April 24, 2012
- Daily Gate City, "3 GOP lawmakers run for Mo. secretary of state," July 25, 2012
- The Kansas City Star, "The Star’s recommendations | The top candidates for state offices in Missouri," July 27, 2012
- Missouri Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- Missouri Secretary of State - 2004 General Election Results
- Campaign contributions on Follow the Money
|Missouri State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|
David Pearce (R)