|Kansas House of Representatives District 43|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Kansas City, Kansas|
Sutton is a member of the Knights of Columbus, reaching the rank of Grand Knight.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sutton served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Transportation and Public Safety Budget|
|• General Government Budget|
|• Energy and Environment|
Sutton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I am pro-life unconditionally. My core belief is that society exists for the sole purpose of protecting the unprotected and any law that legitimizes the killing of a person harms, yes the person killed, but the entire society."
- Excerpt:"Gun ownership is a right guaranteed by our Constitution, and I am a big fan of our Constitution."
- Excerpt:"Public policy should support parental choice. Consequently, base state aid for each pupil should follow the child, regardless of the school chosen by the parents as best for the child."
Sutton won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 43. Sutton defeated Dan L. Thompson in the Republican primary on August 7, 2012 and defeated Kevin King (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Dan L. Thompson||37.2%||602|
Comprehensive donor information for Sutton is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sutton raised a total of $15,583 during that time period. This information was last updated on 6/14/2013.
|Bill Sutton's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 43||$15,583|
|Grand Total Raised||$15,583|
2012Sutton won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Sutton raised a total of $15,583.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Sutton's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$750|
|Kansas Farm Bureau||$500|
|American Care Management||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$15,583|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Sutton and his wife Lana have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Bill + Sutton + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Sutton's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Bill Sutton on Facebook
- Bill Sutton on Twitter
- Bill Sutton on YouTube
Mike Kiegerl (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 43
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |