|U.S. House, Texas, District 7|
Tofte's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Uphold And Fight For Constitutional Adherence
- Excerpt: "For nearly one hundred years, and some say more, Congress, the President, and the Supreme Court have slowly eroded the foundational principles of individual, economic, and civil liberty which the Constitution was designed to secure. It is time to begin to rebuild those principles."
- Lead And Support All Efforts To Reduce The Size And Scope Of The Federal Government
- Excerpt: "Businesses, individuals, states and schools have been deluged with regulations, programs, and bureaucracies, that are not only intrusive to our liberty, but have not produced the positive results intended. Government never produces wealth."
- Support All Efforts To Balance The Federal Budget In 5 Years
- Excerpt: "Interest on the national debt is approaching $400 billion. Our national debt is over $14 Trillion. Continuation on this path is certain to cause major economic collapse."
- Fight For Repeal Of The 2010 Health Care Bill
- Excerpt: "This unconstitutional, bureaucratic monstrosity threatens the entire health care industry and demonstrates the overreaching power of the Federal government into our personal lives and a free market economy. It must be repealed in it's entirety."
- Support And Adhere To 10th Amendment Principles
- Excerpt: "Thomas Jefferson warned us that the smallest leak in the principle that the federal government be limited only to powers granted by the Constitution will lead to a deluge of legislation and regulation that is beyond comprehension. This is where we find ourselves in the 21st century."
- Fight Against All Government Bailouts
- Excerpt: "Federal bailouts of financial, manufacturing, and other institutions violate all principles of the Constititution, capitalism and the free market. Thousands of financially sound banks had strategically avoided unsound lending, but were not allowed to take the place of failed financial institutions."
- Support Tax Reform
- Excerpt: "While slavery was abolished by the 13th Amendment, the 16th Amendment restored it by directly taxing the fruit of our labor with the legalization of the Income Tax."
- Fight For Enforcement Of Immigration Laws
- Excerpt: "Texas and other border states are suffering financially and American families are imminently endangered by the federal government's lack of enforcement of our immigration laws. Resources of the Federal government must be redirected so as to combat this growing problem."
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |