|Former candidate for|
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28|
Hinton's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Make large campaign contributions transparent before any election. Restrict government agencies and the judicial branch from changing intent of legislation. Require legislation to include cost to citizens and administration. Prohibit legislation that conflicts with federal law. Insure that state salaries are competitive with private industry to prevent employee drain."
- Excerpt: "Provide additional funding to schools to improve performance and meet higher goals. Legislation to provide teacher pay equal to or more than the national average. Provide additional state scholarships to students who commit to work in Oklahoma for five years. Provide an alternative to Common Core and similar standardized tests."
- Excerpt: "Hold Town Hall meetings with all interested parties Provide opportunities for local businesses to expand and grow, including working with other states, foreign countries, etc. Work with local, state, and federal agencies to find ways to improve the well-being of everyone in the community. Work to provide more employment opportunities for veterans."
- Excerpt: "Bring new industry to the area that will provide opportunity for everyone. Infrastructure development is critical to recruitment of new industries, which provide high paying jobs and opportunity to grow within a company through advancement. This includes discussion with potential employers and school leaders to insure proper training is offered. Work to improve the development of agriculture."
- Excerpt: "Provide funding for needed infrastructure improvements not only in transportation, but also utilities (sewer, water, power, natural gas, etc.). Consider the development of a mass transit plan, including the best use of existing rail right-of-ways. Work to develop wind, solar, and other alternate sources of energy."
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Marilyn Rainwater defeated Billy Hinton in the Democratic primary, while Jason Smalley defeated Michael Ballard, Charles Mashek, Joe Dobry and Danny Williams in the Republican primary. Rainwater and Smalley will face off in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Billy + Hinton + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
- Oklahoma State Senate District 28
- Billy Hinton on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oklahoma State Board of Elections, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014"