Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives|
Goei's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"It is not okay that Grand Rapids has a population where 22% of people are considered illiterate. This is a hindrance to achieving quality of life for everyone."
- Excerpt:"Having 25% of children living in poverty levels is immoral and will continue to perpetuate the social ills of our community. Children did not choose to enter into a life of poverty and we need to support them in breaking that cycle of poverty."
- Excerpt:"Communities are enriched through embracing the beauty of God’s diverse family. Bing has championed diversity his whole life, both as a social need and as a key to government, business and organizational effectiveness."
- Excerpt:"As a father of five and a grandfather of 12, Bing values life and is very pro-family."
- Excerpt:"Education is a right of every child in Michigan. Every child is entitled to a first-class education. Parents should be able to choose how that education is delivered."
Goei launched a write in campaign in 2012 to challenge embattled Rep. Roy Schmidt, but was defeated in the primary election. Goei is continuing to campaign as a write-in candidate in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
Goei is the Republican candidate who ran for election to the District 75 Seat in 2010. He defeated Jordan Bush in the August 3 Republican primary. He was defeated by Brandon Dillon (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 75 General election (2010)|
|Brandon Dillon (D)||13,682|
|Bing Goei (R)||13,020|
|Larry DeLeon (L)||463|