|U.S. House, Arizona, District 3|
|Date of birth||May 21, 1959|
|Place of birth||Sonora, Mexico|
Guerra's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "America is in dire economic straits, in large part due to massive government expansion. Free market capitalism fueled our economy’s growth for its entire history and we need to reject big government solutions such as Obamacare. Many employers have simply stopped hiring workers because of the costs of government mandates. We need to return to the limited government philosophy of Ronald Reagan, and reject the progressive economic policies that led to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the financial meltdown."
- Immigration Reform
- Excerpt: "The present immigration policy promotes criminal activity, putting money into the hands of the wrong people. Having a fair but rigid immigration policy can transform inequity into an asset for our nation."
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "A Constitutional Amendment setting term limits for members of congress. This would eliminate the need to create a budget to pay the pensions for Career Politicians. Serving in public office is a privilege, not a career."
- Excerpt: "America’s education system is failing our children, yet politicians refuse to listen to the overwhelming majority of Americans who want flexibility in education and local control. I understand the concerns of parents who are forced to leave their children in a failing school system. And, I think that the consumers – parents and children should be heard from.First, education must be controlled at the local level, by school boards, who better understand local needs and who have to answer to the voters."
- Excerpt: "Energy fuels America’s economy, creates jobs, and gives our citizens a high standard of living. Therefore, we can’t ignore the issue as some want to do or allow our economy to strangle with restrictions as President Obama and Congressman Grijalva would do.The United States has vast reserves of energy and technology that can move us towards energy independence."
Guerra ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 3rd District. She ran unopposed in the Libertarian primary on August 28, 2012. She lost to Raul Grijalva (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Raul Grijalva Incumbent||58.4%||98,468|
|Republican||Gabriela Saucedo Mercer||37.1%||62,663|
|Source: Arizona Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Blanca Guerra (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 20, 2012||$0||$2,399||$(1,875.97)||$523.03|
|July Quarterly||July 19, 2012||$523.03||$6,010||$(5,946.62)||$533.03|
Guerra has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Blanca + Guerra + Arizona + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," August 28, 2012
- Associated Press, "Primary results," August 28, 2012
- ABC News, "General Election Results 2012-Arizona," November 7, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Blanca Guerra's Summary Report," accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Blanca Guerra April Quarterly," accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Blanca Guerra July Quarterly," accessed August 23, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014