|Colorado State Senate, District 14|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
|Master's||University of Northern Colorado, 1961|
|Place of birth||Galesburg, IL|
Bacon was a Director/Board Member for Poudre School District Board of Education from 1991 to 1999. He served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1997 to 2002. From 1999 to 2000 he was House Assistant Minority Leader.
Bacon earned his BS in Social Sciences from Illinois State University in 1957. He went on to receive his MA in History from the University of Northern Colorado in 1961.
Bacon was a High School Teacher for Chatsworth Illinois School District from 1957 to 1960. He then worked as a High School Teacher at Poudre School District from 1960 to 1991. From 1991 to 1996 he was a Teacher for Front Range Community College.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bacon served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Capital Development Committee, Colorado General Assembly, Vice Chair
- Education Committee, Colorado State Senate, Chair
- State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee, Colorado State Senate, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bacon served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado Senate
- Education Committee, Colorado Senate
- State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Bacon was ineligible to run for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012 due to term limits.
Bacon raised $120,623 for his campaign, while Fries raised $45,934.
|Colorado State Senate, District 14 (2008)|
|Bob Bacon (D)||46,750|
|Matt Fries (R)||27,835|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Bacon's campaign in 2010|
|Colorado Dental Association||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$300|
In 2008, Bacon collected $120,623 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Democratic Senate Campaign Committee Of New York||$18,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|Colorado Education Association||$4,250|
|Poudre Education Association||$4,250|
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bob + Bacon + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Bacon and his wife, Beverly, have three children.
- Bob Bacon's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Bob Bacon
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Bob Bacon
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2000 1998
- Sen. Bacon on State Surge
|Colorado State Senate - District 14
| Succeeded by|
John Kefalas (D)