|Kansas House of Representatives District 113|
|1999 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Mayor, Town of Alden|
|1994 – 1998|
|Bachelor's||John Brown University|
|Master's||University of Illinois|
Prior to his election to the House, Bethell served as mayor of the town of Alden. He has also worked as a long term care administrator, pastor, high school vice principal, middle school principal, and college director of admissions.
He received his MEd in Administration from the University of Illinois and a B.S. in Secondary Education from John Brown University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bethell served on the following committees:
- Aging and Long Term Care Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Chair
- Health and Human Services Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Home and Community Based Services Oversight Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Vice Chair
- Transportation and Public Safety Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bethell served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor Committee, House of Representatives
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, House of Representatives
- Elections Committee, House of Representatives
- Aging and Long Term Care Committee, House of Representatives (Chair)
- Health Policy Oversight Joint Committee, State Legislature
- Home and Community Based Services Oversight Joint Committee, State Legislature (Vice-Chair)
Bethell's website listed his main areas of interest as education and healthcare.
He refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Did not sponsor any major legislation.
Bethell won re-election to the 113th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. He was also unopposed in the GOP primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Bethell was re-elected to the 113th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Mike Laudick (D).  Bethell raised $27,354 for his campaign, while Laudick raised $3,316. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 113|
|Bob Bethell (R)||5,543||71.5%|
|Mike Laudick (D)||2,203||28.4%|
In 2010, Bethell received $23,256 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Bethell's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Kansas Association Of Ethanol Producers||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$23,256|
In 2008 Bethell collected $27,354 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Zogleman, Ms. Nancy||$550|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bob + Bethell + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1998,2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bob Bethell Biography
- Rep. Bob Bethell About
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bethell Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 113
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |