|Minnesota House of Representatives District 39A|
|2007 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Bemidji State University|
|Master's||University of Saint Thomas|
|Birthday||March 1, 1951|
|Place of birth||Faribault, MN|
Dettmer received his MA in Education Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Saint Thomas and BS in Health/Physical Education from Bemidji State University.
He has worked as a teacher and head wrestling coach at Forest Lake High School, and served as Chief Warrant Officer in the United States Army Reserves, Iraq. Dettmer is married and has 3 children.
Dettmer's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Equity funding is essential to help lower class size and hire the staff necessary to properly instruct our students. We must also build in reform and accountability so that taxpayers are assured the dollars they entrust to the public school system are used in the classroom and not squandered on excessive bureaucracy or programs with dubious merit."
Taxes & the Economy
- Excerpt:"During these challenging economic times, government should encourage businesses to locate in our state not to drive them away with increased taxation and excessive regulation. These types of legislation affect all businesses, but especially the job creating small and family-owned operations."
- Excerpt:"I have consistently supported consumer-centric solutions that let individuals and families find the most affordable care that suits their needs."
Public Safety & Immigration
- Excerpt:"Public safety is of paramount importance in communities across the state. The first duty of any government is to protect its citizens."
- Excerpt:"The overwhelming majority of Minnesotans travel using roads and bridges and our funding priorities should reflect that reality."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dettmer served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Capital Investment|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dettmer served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Higher Education Policy and Finance, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dettmer served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Rules and Legislative Administration|
Dettmer won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 39A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated John Bruno (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bob Dettmer Incumbent||57.5%||13,033|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 52A (2010)|
|Adam Best (DFL)||6,548||33.15%|
|Bob Dettmer (R)||13,183||66.74%|
Bob Dettmer raised $41,924 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 52A (2008)|
|Bob Dettmer (R)||16,512||67.02%|
|Rolanda Delamartinez (DFL)||8,085||32.82%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Dettmer received $28,148 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Dettmer's campaign in 2010|
|52nd Senate District Rpm||$1,500|
|SOF - PAC||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$28,148|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Bob Dettmer's 2008 campaign.
|52nd Senate District Republican Party||$3,500|
- Bob Dettmer's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Bob Dettmer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Bob Dettmer on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Dettmer
- "bobdettmer," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Dettmer's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
Rick Hansen (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 39A
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 52A
| Succeeded by|
Rick Hansen (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |