Alaska House of Representatives, District 7
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Miller has worked as a television news anchor for several different channels. He and his wife, Joni, have three children.
Miller was unopposed in the August 24 primary. He defeated incumbent Republican Mike Kelly in the November 2 general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 7 General Election (2010)|
|Bob Miller (D)||4,815|
|Mike Kelly (R)||4,141|
Miller's website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Alaska is surrounded by, and contains, more resources than any other state; yet delays in finding energy solutions have gotten us little other than high energy costs."
- The Susitna Dam
- Excerpt: "The dam will be a safe and efficient long term investment in our economy, an investment that will attract new businesses and stimulate job growth throughout the Interior. I fully support this project and am committed to seeing it move forward."
- A Large Diameter Pipeline
- Excerpt: "A large diameter pipeline through Fairbanks is the best solution. The design, construction, and maintenance of the pipeline will provide jobs for thousands of Alaskans."
- CCHRC (Cold Climate Housing Research Center)
- Excerpt: "We can save millions of dollars by making our homes and businesses more cold climate energy efficient. Millions that could be used to boost our economy, to meet our educational needs, and to ensure that our public safety employees have the resources needed to keep us safe."
- Excerpt: "We need to restore the Defined Benefits Retirement system to keep the best and brightest working in the public sectors of Alaska. Our public employees all over the state deserve better than the defined contribution retirement system enacted in 2008."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Every Alaskan deserves to feel and be safe. We must insure that our first responders and the Alaskans on the front line such as Police, Firefighters, Correctional Officers, Troopers, and Village Public Safety Officers, have the tools they need."
- Alaska Jobs
- Excerpt: "Project labor agreements are the surest way to guarantee hiring priority for Alaskans. The key to improving our economy is to keep our dollars circulating here in Alaska."
- Excerpt: "Access to quality and affordable education is essential to Alaska’s future. I am committed to fully funding our university..."
- Excerpt: "People say that politics is complicated and that even with the best planning it is difficult to get things done. That is why I believe we need to make sure we have vision and defined goals."
- Bob Miller for State House Website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- List of primary candidates in Alaska