|New York State Assembly District 128|
|1993 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||21|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Colgate University, 1974|
|Master's||University of Montana, 1976|
|Place of birth||Rochester, NY|
|Profession||Owner/Agent, Robert C. Oaks Insurance Agency|
Oaks is an owner and agent for Robert C. Oaks Insurance Agency. His other professional experiences include director of Wayne County Youth Bureau and assistant director of Greece Central School District with the Continuing Education Program.
Oaks earned a BA in political science from Colgate University and a MS in recreation administration from University of Montana. He and his wife, Judy, have two children; Christopher and Jason. 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Oaks has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Oaks served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Oaks ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 130. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party ticket. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Oaks ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Republican ticket, he ran on the Conservative Party ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 128 2010|
|Robert Oaks (R)||27,702|
On November 4, 2008 Oaks won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 128. Oaks ran unopposed.
Oaks raised $91,890 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 128 2008|
|Robert Oaks (R)||32,498|
In 2010, Oaks received $77,968 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Oaks's campaign in 2010|
|Marshall Farms Group Ltd||$2,800|
|Waste Management Of New York LLC||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$77,968|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Robert + Oaks + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Robert Oaks
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Oaks
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly - District 128
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |