For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 82|
|1986 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Old Dominion University|
|Date of birth||07/13/1934|
|Place of birth||Parsons, WV|
Since 1966, Purkey has worked for Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner and Smith, Incorporated, where he is currently First Vice-President/Resident Manager. He sits on the board of the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Museum and the Tidewater Automobile Association.
Purkey earned his B.S. in business administration and economics from Old Dominion University in 1965. He attended Wharton School of Business and the University of Pennsylvania.
Purkey's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test he listed his top priorities as "Allow Virginia's Gov to serve 2 consecutive terms," and "Establish Uninsured Health Care Fund paid for by employers who make deductions from employe's wages who do not have health insurance matching funds to State who then redistribute to Hospitals an Doctors who provide medical care for the uninsured."
In the 2012-2013 session, Purkey has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Purkey served on the following committees:
- HB 1614 Alcoholic beverages; penalty for possession of open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle.
- HB 1740 Campaign Finance Disclosure Act of 2006; unlawful to convert any contributed money to personal use.
- HB 2085 Government, local; budget shall contain statement of current & proposed total debt.
In 2009, Purkey was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 82 (2009)|
|Bob Purkey (R)||12,768|
|Peter Schmidt (D)||7,426|
|John Parmele (I)||940|
Delegate Purkey speaking
In 2011, Purkey received $58,903 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Purkey's campaign in 2011|
|Cheng, Richard & Nancy||$2,500|
|Virginia Bankpac State PAC Checking||$2,000|
|Virginia Maritime Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$58,903|
The top 5 donors to Purkey's 2009 campaign:
|Dominion Leadership Trust||$10,749|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
Purkey and his wife, Sonja, have three children.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Bob Purkey
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Purkey
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Purkey Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 82
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |