|North Carolina House of Representatives District 1|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Upper Iowa University, 1990|
|Associate's||Corning Community College, 1969|
|Place of birth||Oswego, New York|
Steinburg's professional experience includes working in sales and marketing, primarily for national companies. He earned his Associate's from Corning Community College in 1969 and his Bachelor's from Upper Iowa University in 1990.
Steinburg's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"Working with small business for most of his career, Bob knows its small business that drives our states economy. Bob has witnessed first hand that the fastest way to create jobs is to reduce the size and scope of government, reduce regulatory red-tape and set free the entrepreneurial spirit of hard-working North Carolinians."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Bob will battle to prevent state government from placing financial burdens on taxpayers at state, county, city and school districts. He is dedicated to reducing taxation, lowering spending and continuing the fight to restore fiscal sanity to the statehouse."
- Excerpt:"Bob supports policies that empower parents and communities to make decisions at the local level so that we can again reach best in the nation status in our school system and prepare our children to compete in a global economy."
- Excerpt:"Bob believes that our founding fathers intended us to be free of many government regulations and requirements that we now face. Bob believes that government functions its best in a smaller, leaner form; and that states rights should preclude federal mandates. As a State Representative, Bob will fight for your constitutional rights."
Only Bold Colors
- Excerpt:"Bob is the True conservative in the race who has worked with our local and regional Tea Party groups fighting for our Conservative values. He is also the President of the regional Al-pam Republican club that is the premier Republican organization in Eastern North Carolina. Our Republican candidate must be a Conservative who will represent our values"
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Steinburg served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Steinburg ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 1. He defeated Owen Etheridge in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Steinburg defeated Bill Luton (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 1 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Steinburg and his wife, Marie, have two children; Bobby and Greg.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bob + Steinburg + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
William Owens, Jr. (D)
|North Carolina House - District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |