For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 85|
|1984 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|Master's||University of Virginia|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||2|
|Date of birth||01/27/1930|
|Place of birth||Detroit, MI|
Tata earned his B.S. and M.S. from the University of Virginia. His professional experience includes working as a high school counselor and coach. He served in the United States Army from 1954 to 1956.
In the 2012-2013 session, Tata served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Tata served on the following committees:
- Education, Chair
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee, Chair
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1689 Illegal aliens; fraudulently assisting, penalty.
- HB 1922 Civics Education, Commission on; move from executive to legislative branch, may seek other funding.
- HB 2515 Workers' Compensation Act; increases maximum tax rate that may be assessed on uninsured, etc.
In 2009, Tata was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Bob Tata (R)||15,035|
|French Mackes, Jr. (D)||3,413|
Delegate Tata speaking on the House floor
In 2011, Tata received $75,662 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Tata's campaign in 2011|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$75,662|
The top 5 donors to Tata's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$2,000|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$1,285|
|Tidewater Builders Association||$1,000|
|Virginia Health Care Association||$1,000|
Tata and his wife, Martha, have three children.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate Tata Facebook profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 85
| Succeeded by|
Scott W. Taylor (R)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |