Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 85|
|1984 - Present|
|Years in position||29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|Master's||University of Virginia|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||2|
|Place of birth||Detroit, MI|
Tata is a retired high school counselor and coach. He served in the United States Army from 1954-1956. Tata earned his B.S. and M.S. from the University of Virginia. He attended Old Dominion University.
- Education (Chair)
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee (Chair)
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1689 Illegal aliens; fraudulently assisting, penalty.
- HB 1922 Civics Education, Commission on; move from executive to legislative branch, may seek other funding.
- HB 2515 Workers' Compensation Act; increases maximum tax rate that may be assessed on uninsured, etc.
In 2009, Tata was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Bob Tata (R)||15,035|
|French Mackes, Jr. (D)||3,413|
The top 5 donors to Tata's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$2,000|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$1,285|
|Tidewater Builders Association||$1,000|
|Virginia Health Care Association||$1,000|
Tata and his wife, Martha, have three children.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Tata
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate Tata Facebook profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 85
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |