Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Texas A&M University|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
Yancy is a graduate of Texas A&M University. In 2000, he retired as the City of College Station's public information officer and found MEMdata, a medical equipment company. He is married to his wife, Kristi. They have two children.
On November 8, Yancy faced fellow Republicans Rebecca Boenigk and John Raney. He also faced Libertarian Joshua Baker and Democrat Judy Webb LeUnes. Since no candidate received a majority of the vote on November 8, the top two vote getters--Yancy and Raney--proceeded to a runoff election on December 13, 2011. Raney defeated Yancy by a 3,901 to 2,834 margin.
Bob Yancy on spending and jobs.
On his 2011 campaign site, Yancy discusses the special election:
- "I believe this is an important election. Government has lost its way. Whether you are an Independent, a Libertarian, a Democrat, a Tea Party member or a Republican like me, surely we can all agree that government is NOT giving us the best value for our tax dollar. The next legislator we send to Austin must be prepared to address the many budgetary challenges facing the State of Texas. The problem in Austin isn’t that we’re not taxing and spending enough. Instead, I believe we’re not being as efficient and effective as we must be with public spending, most especially in these tough economic times."
- On October 18, candidates for District 14 participated in a debate sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Video of the debate can be found here. (See video player in upper right)
- On October 25, candidates for District 14 participated in a second debate sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Audio of the debate can be found here.
- The Eagle, "Boenigk, Yancy clash at District 14 debate," October 25, 2011
- The Eagle, "Bob Yancy aims to use expertise in office," October 21, 2011 (Candidate Profile)
- The Eagle, "District 14 field split on school vouchers," October 19, 2011
- The Eagle, "District 14 hopeful Paula Hand out of race over bounced check," October 1, 2011
- ABC 13, "Nov. 8 special election to replace lawmaker Brown," July 21, 2011
- "Bob Yancy Conservative for Texas House," Campaign site, Accessed November 1, 2011
- WTAW, "Raney Defeats Yancy in TX 14 Runoff," December 13, 2011
- Satellite Spotlight, "District 14 hopeful Paula Hand out of race over bounced check," October 01, 2011
- Texas Secretary of State, Special Election State Representative, District 14, November 8, 2011
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |