For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, South Carolina, District 1|
|Bachelor's||City University of New York|
|Profession||Teacher, business owner|
While sitting on the board of directors of CUNY, Rose also attended a specialized program there and earned a degree in English and Child Psychology. She subsequently trained at Mt. Sinai Children's Psychiatric facility and a suicide preventions program. Rose has also spent several years teaching general and special education students in the public school system, and working in the Family Court system as a Court Appointed Special Advocate. Rose has also run a family-owned business for thirteen years.
According to Bobbie Rose's website, her campaign themes included:
- Women's rights: "Women are the backbone of our communities, and to demean us for political gain is intolerable and it must be countered."
- Jobs: "I will work tirelessly to ensure that we attract new industries, while collaborating with those already here to make sure that they are committed to moving South Carolina forward."
- Education: "We must also provide training for those whose skills need to be updated in order to compete in a new economy with new technology."
Rose was defeated by incumbent Tim Scott. Rose ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing South Carolina's 1st District. Rose was unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary. The general election was November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Timothy Scott Incumbent||62%||179,908|
|Source: South Carolina State Election Commission "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 1, 2012 - Bobbie Rose Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,680,567|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,363,197|
|Top contributors to Bobbie Rose's campaign committee|
|Communications Workers of America||$10,000|
|International Longshoremens Assn||$10,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bobbie + Rose + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Charleston City Paper "Democratic challenger sets her sights on Tim Scott's seat " Accessed April 12, 2012
- The Southeastern Institute for Women in Politics "Bobbie Rose" Accessed May 30, 2012
- Bobbie Rose for Congress, "On the Issues," Accessed September 6, 2012
- Summerville Patch "Bobbie Rose to Seek Congressional Seat," January 13, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, South Carollinaa"
- WYFF News-2012 Primary Results
- Open Secrets "Bobbie Rose 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed April 15, 2013