Difference between revisions of "Bobby Orrock"
|Line 100:||Line 100:|
Revision as of 19:08, 11 August 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 54|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
A teacher by profession, Orrock currently works with the Ladysmith Volunteer Rescue Squad as a Cardiac Technician.
Orrock's official website describes him as:
"A strong supporter of Virginia values, Bobby worked to pass the Defense of Marriage Act that defines marriage as between one man and one woman. He has also supported voluntary prayers in schools, ensuring prayer at public meetings and posting the motto 'In God We Trust' in public buildings. Bobby believes in protecting life by supporting parental notification for minors who seek abortions, and opposing state funding of abortions and partial-birth abortions."
- Health, Welfare and Institutions (Chair)
- Subcommittee #4
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #3
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Agriculture Subcommittee
- HB 1675 Pedestrians; grants counties same authority as cities & towns to prohibit loitering on bridges, etc.
- HB 2097 Animal shelter and pounds; allowed to purchase, etc., certain controlled substances for euthanizing.
- HB 2099 George Washington Toll Road Authority; created, encompasses City of Fredericksburg, etc.
Orrock is running for re-election to the District 54 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Orrock was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He ran unopposed. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 54 (2009)|
|Bobby Orrock (R)||17,560|
The top 5 donors to Orrock's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$2,750|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,500|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
- Delegate Bobby Orrock official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Orrock
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 54
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |