|Virginia House of Delegates District 54|
|1990 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|Master's||Virginia State University, 1988|
|Place of birth||Fredericksburg, VA|
A teacher by profession, Orrock currently works with the Ladysmith Volunteer Rescue Squad as a Cardiac Technician. He earned his B.S. in agricultural education from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1978 and his M.Ed. in agricultural education from Virginia State University in 1988.
In the 2012-2013 session, Orrock has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Orrock served on the following committees:
- Health, Welfare and Institutions, Chair
- Subcommittee #4
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #3
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Agriculture Subcommittee
- HB 1675 Pedestrians; grants counties same authority as cities & towns to prohibit loitering on bridges, etc.
- HB 2097 Animal shelter and pounds; allowed to purchase, etc., certain controlled substances for euthanizing.
- HB 2099 George Washington Toll Road Authority; created, encompasses City of Fredericksburg, etc.
On November 8, 2011, Orrock won re-election to District 54 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and defeated Matthew Simpson (I) the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 54 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Bobby Orrock Incumbent||74.5%||11,338|
In 2009, Orrock was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He ran unopposed. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 54 (2009)|
|Bobby Orrock (R)||17,560|
Orrock's official website describes him as:
"A strong supporter of Virginia values, Bobby worked to pass the Defense of Marriage Act that defines marriage as between one man and one woman. He has also supported voluntary prayers in schools, ensuring prayer at public meetings and posting the motto 'In God We Trust' in public buildings. Bobby believes in protecting life by supporting parental notification for minors who seek abortions, and opposing state funding of abortions and partial-birth abortions."
In 2011, Orrock received $152,628 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bobby Orrock's campaign in 2011|
|The Medical Society Of Virginia||$10,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$8,500|
|Virginia Republican Party||$5,147|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$4,000|
|Virginia Health Care Association||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$152,628|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,338|
|Cost of each vote received||$13.46|
The top 5 donors to Orrock's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$2,750|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,500|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
Orrock and his wife, Betsy, have three children.
- Delegate Bobby Orrock official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Orrock
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Orrock
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Bobby Orrock About Bobby
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 54
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |