|Virginia House of Delegates District 54|
|1990 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1978|
|Master's||Virginia State University, 1988|
|Place of birth||Fredericksburg, VA|
Orrock earned his B.S. in Agricultural Education from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1978 and his M.Ed. in Agricultural Education from Virginia State University in 1988. A teacher by profession, Orrock currently works with the Ladysmith Volunteer Rescue Squad as a Cardiac Technician.
Orrock's official website listed the following issues:
- Cutting Wasteful Spending
"Bobby believes that the government must live within its means and held the line on the growth of the state budget. Since 2007, the General Assembly has cut spending by nearly $7 billion, maintained core services, and balanced the budget every year without raising income taxes."
- Historic Transportation Improvements
"Working with Governor McDonnell and legislators from both parties, Bobby helped pass a major transportation improvement plan that changes our current funding stream from being based on a per gallon tax to a sales tax approach that keeps pace with the economy."
- Reducing the Tax Burden on Hard-Working Virginians
"He has supported legislation that would reduce the sales tax on food, eliminate the hurtful estate tax, increase the per-child tax credit for educational purposes, and create long-term tax credits for health insurance for senior citizens."
- No Medicaid Expansion without Reforms
"With the implementation of legislation from Washington looming, Bobby has worked with Democrats and Republicans to establish the Medicaid Innovation and Reform Commission to oversee the implementation of Medicaid reforms."
- Reforming and Expanding Education
"Bobby strongly supported the Higher Education Opportunity Act, which would expand Virginians’ access to college while making it more affordable. As a public school teacher, Bobby has supported legislation that would dedicate more of our hard earned dollars to the classroom instead of in the administrative bureaucracy."
In the 2012-2013 session, Orrock served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Orrock served on the following committees:
- Health, Welfare and Institutions, Chair
- Subcommittee #4
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #3
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Agriculture Subcommittee
- HB 1675 Pedestrians; grants counties same authority as cities & towns to prohibit loitering on bridges, etc.
- HB 2097 Animal shelter and pounds; allowed to purchase, etc., certain controlled substances for euthanizing.
- HB 2099 George Washington Toll Road Authority; created, encompasses City of Fredericksburg, etc.
On November 8, 2011, Orrock won re-election to District 54 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and defeated Matthew Simpson (I) the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 54 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Bobby Orrock Incumbent||74.5%||11,338|
In 2009, Orrock was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He ran unopposed. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 54 (2009)|
|Bobby Orrock (R)||17,560|
In 2011, Orrock received $152,628 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bobby Orrock's campaign in 2011|
|The Medical Society Of Virginia||$10,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$8,500|
|Virginia Republican Party||$5,147|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$4,000|
|Virginia Health Care Association||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$152,628|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,338|
|Cost of each vote received||$13.46|
The top 5 donors to Orrock's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$2,750|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,500|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
In 2013, Orrock's endorsements include the following:
Orrock and his wife, Betsy, have three children. They currently reside in Thornburg, Virginia. Orrock works with the Virginia Game Commission as a hunter safety instructor.
- Delegate Bobby Orrock official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Orrock
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Orrock
- Orrock for House, Accessed May 8, 2013
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
- Orrock for House, Accessed for May 8, 2013
|Virginia House of Delegates District 54
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |