Bogalusa City Council recall, Louisiana, 2010
Bogalusa Mayor Mack McGehee and council members Marilyn Crews, Michael O’Ree, Paul Penton and Andy Deleon were targeted in the recall. 
On August 7, 2009, recall supporters missed the deadline to place the recall on the October 17 ballot. The group then said it would try to qualify the recall for the March 27, 2010 ballot. However, at the end of the year, recall organizer Fate Ferrell said the effort was being dropped to save the city money. Recall targets disputed this, saying that they believed that the recall effort had been abandoned because it was unable to collect anything like the number of signatures that would have been needed to get the recall question on the ballot.
The recall effort began shortly after four council members voted to increase the city’s sewerage rate on June 18, 2009. Council members voted in favor of the rate increase in large part because of the city's financial problems. It is $1.5 million in debt.
The recall is sponsored by Bogalusa Concerned Citizens.
Below is the number of minimum signatures for each member subject to recall movement:
- Mayor McGehee - 2,379 signatures required
- Marilyn Crews - 475 signatures required
- Michael O'Ree - 494 signatures required
- Paul Penton - 510 signatures required
- Andy Deleon - 495 signatures required
- The Daily News, "Citizen to Bogalusa City Council: I am not a trouble maker", January 8, 2010
- The Daily News,"Recall effort has teeth: Group nearly has enough signatures to toss Mayor Mack, councilmembers," July 10, 2009
- The Daily News,"Bogalusa recall vote could be in 2010 Effort continues for all but Deleon," August 12, 2009