Bonneville Joint School District No. 93, Idaho
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Idaho school district websites
This website was most recently evaluated on 4 Oct 2012.
- Elected officials
- Elected officials are listed with names and email addresses 
- Annual budgets, revenue, expenditures and tax information are available.
- Academic performance reports are available for each school, the school district, the state and nationally.
- Information regarding the district's hiring practices, including criminal and background checks is available.
- Annual audit information is available from 2003-present.
- Information on requests of public records and open meetings laws are available.
- Master agreement between the Bonneville Education Association and the school district is posted.
- Tax rates are not published
- Tax revenue is not available
- Current budget is not poste
- Budgets are not archived for three years
- Agendas are not archived for three years
- Elected officials
- Physical addresses and phone numbers are not listed for elected officials
- A search tool does not appear to be available.
- Business operations and vendor contracts do not appear to be available.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Idaho statute.
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Current School Board Members include:
|Craig Lords, Chairman||2013|
|Annette Winchester, Vice Chairman||2011|
|Wendy Horman, Treasurer||2013|
|DeVere Hunt, Trustee||2013|
|Kip Nelson, Trustee||2011|
The current superintendent of schools is Dr. Charles Shackett.
The Idaho Public School System is supervised by the State Board of Education (SBOE), which is the policy-making body for public education in the state. The SBOE provides oversight and governance for K – 20 education levels.
Current Board of Education members include:
|Richard Westerberg, President||Preston||March 1, 2014|
|Kenneth Edmunds, Vice President||Twin Falls||March 1, 2013|
|Don Soltman, Secretary||Twin Lakes||March 1, 2014|
|Emma Atchley||Ashton||March 1, 2010|
|Paul Agidius||Moscow||March 1, 2011|
|Rod Lewis||Boise||March 1, 2010|
|Tom Luna, Superintendent of Public Instruction||Boise|
|Milford Terrell||Boise||March 1, 2012|
The district spent $29,512 on ipads with 3G capability for principals, assistant principals and office administrators to increase productivity.
No information available on teacher contracts for the district.
Bonneville Joint School District No. 93 publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
- Main article: Idaho academic performance
Idaho’s educational assessment system is administered from kindergarten through high school and focuses primarily on math, reading, and language use skills. Tests include the Idaho Reading Indicator (IRI), the Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), the Idaho English Language Assessment (IELA), and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), as well as the SAT and ACT.
Idaho’s accountability system monitors state and federal goals for increased student achievement; the system includes consequences and rewards for districts and school based on yearly results. Per federal and state law, every school and district must meet annual academic performance goals in reading and math, referred to as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). High schools are required to meeting graduation goals and middle and elementary are required to meet a third academic indicator goal. Schools and districts that do not make AYP are identified as in improvement.
According to the Idaho Department of Education, the Bonneville Joint School District did not meet AYP goals in the 2008-2009 school year and is currently in it's sixth year of "school improvement." AYP is used by the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) program to determine the academic performance of schools.
|Year||Reading (% proficient)||Math (% proficient)||Language (% proficient)||Graduation rate (%)|
- Main article: Idaho school choice
The Bonneville Joint School District is comprised of 12 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, 3 high schools and 1 virtual academy for K-12 students.
The state of Idaho has a charter school law that passed in 1998. In 2009, a total of 37 charter schools were approved. Additionally, Idaho has two enrollment policies: inter-district and intra-district. In other words, students are permitted to enroll in any school within their neighborhood school district or in any alternative district in the state.
- Bonneville Joint School District
- Bonneville Joint School District report card
- Great Schools - Bonneville Joint School District
- Public School Review - Bonneville Joing School District
- Idaho State Department of Education official website
- Bonneville School District, ID -- Board of Trustees
- Bonneville School District, ID—Board Meeting Minutes
- Bonneville School District, ID -- Board Meeting Agendas
- Board of Trustees - contact information
- Board calendar of meetings
- Budget and financial information
- Academic performance
- Hiring practices
- Public records and open meetings
- Master Agreement
- Idaho Statutes,"Title 33, Chapter 5," retrieved April 1, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, Board Members, August 9, 2010
- Idaho Reporter, School district hopes $30K iPad purchase will improve teacher performance, Oct. 22, 2010
- U.S. Census, "Public Elementary–Secondary Education Finance Data," Accessed December 11, 2013
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Statistics – Test Reports, August 9, 2010
- Idaho Department of Education,"Bonneville Joint School District Report Card," retrieved April 19, 2010
- Center for Union Facts,"Idaho," retrieved April 19, 2010
- Bonneville Joint School District,"Master Agreement between the Bonneville Education Association and the Bonneville Joint School District," retrieved April 20, 2010
- Bonneville Joint School District,"Schools," retrieved April 20, 2010
- Idaho State Department of Education,"Charter school development by school and type 1998-2009," retrieved October 15, 2009
- The Heritage Foundation,"Idaho School Choice," retrieved October 15, 2009
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |