|Florida House Of Representatives District 5|
|November 2008 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida (2000)|
|Birthday||February 7, 1975|
|Place of birth||Fort Walton Beach, Florida|
Drake served as legal assistant to the Florida House of Representatives from 2001-2007, and has worked for Infinite Energy Incorporated, was President/Owner of the Southern Marketing Company, and an educator with Walton County Schools.
He is the former Chair of the Crimestoppers of Walton County, and is a member of the First Baptist Church of DeFuniak Springs, Hearts of Hope Ministries Incorporated, Kiwanis Club of DeFuniak Springs, National Rifle Association, and the Walton County Taxpayers Association.
Drake did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Drake's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 533 - "Public Education: Authorizes district school boards to permit delivery of inspirational message at noncompulsory high school event."
- HB 535 - "Mental Illness: Requires law enforcement agency that transports persons to receiving facility to have memorandum of understanding with facility; requires that custody of person who is transported to receiving or treatment facility be relinquished to responsible person at facility; specifies that psychiatric examination by certain personnel be conducted face to face, in person."
- HB 1003 - "Sale and Delivery of Firearms: Deletes future repeal of provisions governing sale & delivery of firearms; requires review of provisions before limit on FDLE fee for processing criminal history check on purchasers may be increased."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Drake served on these committees:
- Economic Affairs
- Select Committee on Water Policy, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Access
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Economic Development * Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Highway Safety, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Drake served on these committees:
- Government Accountability Act Council
- Legislative Sunset Committee, Florida State Legislature
- Public Safety & Domestic Security Policy Committee
- State Universities & Private Colleges Appropriations Committee
- State Universities & Private Colleges Policy Committee
Drake will not run for re-election in 2012.
Drake won re-election to the 5th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 24th primary election or the general election, which took place on November 2nd.
On November 4, 2008, Drake won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 5th District, defeating John McDaniel (D). Drake received 40,449 votes in the election while McDaniel received 27,412 votes. Drake raised $300,618 for his campaign; McDaniel raised $121,532.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 5|
|Brad Drake (R)||40,449||59.6%|
|John McDaniel (D)||27,412||40.4%|
In 2010, Drake raised $42,492 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Florida House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brad Drake's campaign in 2010|
|FLORIDA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$1,000|
|HOSPITAL CORP OF AMERICA||$1,000|
|FLORIDA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE||$1,000|
|FLORIDA CONCRETE & PRODUCTS ASSOCIATION||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$42,492|
Below are Drake's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Republican Party||$28,985|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$3,000|
|FL Institute of CPAs||$2,500|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Brad + Drake + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Brad Drake's personal website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Brad Drake
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Brad Drake on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Drake Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Drake Issue Positions
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- Florida House official election results for 2008
- District 5 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the money - 2010 campaign contributions for the Florida House
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|
Marti Coley (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |