|Washington House of Representatives, District 12b|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hawkins served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Financial Services|
|• Capital Budget|
Hawkins's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:" During future economic growth, legislators should replenish the state’s cash reserves and properly fund educational programs as opposed to raising taxes and creating new governmental programs."
- Excerpt:"Brad believes that the state should focus transportation dollars on reducing traffic congestion. Every effort should be made to realize savings in portions of the state’s transportation budget, such as use of private ferry contracting, in order to free up more dollars to help relieve traffic congestion."
- Excerpt:"Brad will be frugal in budgetary oversight but believes strongly in protecting our citizens and implementing a fair justice system."
- Excerpt:"Brad understands budgeting and the importance of being a responsible steward of public dollars."
- Excerpt:"Brad does not support a state income tax. Nearly half of the state’s revenues come from the state portion of the sales tax."
Hawkins won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 12b. Hawkins ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated incumbent Mike Armstrong (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 12b, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Armstrong Incumbent||49.1%||25,253|
In Washington, there is a $1,600 campaign contribution limit for donations to partisan House candidates.
Comprehensive donor information for Hawkins is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hawkins raised a total of $75,169 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 30, 2013.
|Brad Hawkins's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Washington State House, District 12||$75,169|
|Grand Total Raised||$75,169|
2012Hawkins won election to the Washington House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hawkins raised a total of $75,169.
|Washington House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brad Hawkins's campaign in 2012|
|Hawkins, Brad M||$20,196|
|Foreman, Dale M||$1,000|
|Van Doren Sales||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$75,169|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brad + Hawkins + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Hawkins' website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- "bradhawkins," Official Campaign Website
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money, "Hawkins, Brad," accessed September 30, 2013
Mike Armstrong (R)
|Washington House of Representatives District 12
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |