Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina State Senate District 24|
Black ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 24. He ran unopposed in the Libertarian primary on May 8 and was defeated by incumbent Richard Gunn (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|North Carolina State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Richard Gunn Incumbent||79%||51,230|
Black has stated, "I am a firm believer in the free market, and I am sure that anyone reading this right now has a pretty good understanding that what we now have is NOT a free market. It is heavily regulated and heavily taxed, so much so, that many would-be first-time business owners are completely discouraged and quit before they even start. I also believe the State of North Carolina needs to fight back against unconstitutional federal regulations as well! It is high time the States stand up for their citizens and their rights under Amendment 10 to the Constitution of the United States. If we wish not only to survive but to thrive, then we must take back our liberty, restore the free market and put the federal government back in its proper place by making it fit inside the boundaries the Constitution outlined for it!"
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brandon + Black + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- 'Smuggie' makes 6 for Watt's old job - Charlotte Post
- Morning Memo: Election lawsuit timing at issue - News & Observer
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating - Cincinnati News, FOX19 ... - FOX19
- AP Sportlight - Fresno Bee
- Browns notebook: Wide receiver Greg Little takes blame for involvement in ... - Akron Beacon Journal
- FINAL PUSH: Both camps in Columbia's strong-mayor referendum focus on ... - The State
- Gallery: Top sports photos of the day - Canada.com