|October 15, 2012 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Donna M. Jones (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||October 15, 2012|
|Appointed by||Gov. Butch Otter|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University|
|Master's||Boise State University|
Prior to his appointment as state controller, Woolf served as Chief Deputy Controller.
It was expected that Jones would return to the job after her recovery, however, Jones decided to resign effectively immediately on October 15, 2012, after it was learned that her recovery could take up to two years. Jones stated, "I found myself pondering how I may best fulfill my sacred oath as I continue to heal. The conclusion I've reached is that the people of Idaho would be best served by a state controller who is able to fully devote her or his time and abilities to the job."
Woolf first joined the Office of the Idaho Controller as an intern in 1997. Following that he served as a training specialist in the payroll division, a bureau chief, division administrator and chief of staff to Donna M. Jones (R) before being named acting Controller in July 2012.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, Utah State University
- MBA, Boise State University
Idaho Controller (2012-Present)
Woolf was formally nominated by Governor Butch Otter for the office of Idaho Controller on October 15, 2012, and his appointment was confirmed by the State Senate on January 28, 2013. Woolf had served in the position on a temporary basis since July 2012, when a severe car accident put previous officeholder Donna M. Jones out of commission. Woolfe's current term ends January 2015.
Woolf was appointed interim Idaho Controller on July 3, 2012. Gov. Otter appointed him in a permanent capacity on October 15, 2012, and his nomination was approved by the Idaho Senate on January 28, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brandon + Woolf + Idaho + Controller"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Oregonian, "Idaho Senate confirms appointment of new state controller," January 28, 2013
- Idaho Statesman, "Otter appoints temporary Idaho controller to step in for ailing Donna Jones," July 3, 2012
- Idaho Press, "Idaho controller resigns, Woolf appointed," October 15, 2012
- The Spokesman Review, "Woolf named Idaho controller," October 16, 2012
Donna M. Jones (R)
| Succeeded by|