Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, Louisiana|
|Bachelor's||Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College|
McMorris earned an engineering degree from LSU in 1998. He has worked as an engineer in Louisiana for over 15 years.
McMorris has been active in the Libertarian Party. He served on the executive committee of the Livingston Parish Libertarian Party.
McMorris listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "Tax Reform, raising taxes and printing more money are not effective long term solutions. We must make drastic reductions in spending."
- Excerpt: "I will vote against any additions to the tax code. I will support and propose legislation that will reform the tax code. I will begin an effort to abolish the IRS and replace it with a simplified tax code, so that all Americans pay their fair share."
- Excerpt: "The United States must repeal the controlled substances act, end the reckless and costly war on drugs, and take comprehensive reform of the FDA."
- Mandatory sentencing reform
- Excerpt: "Mandatory minimum sentences are unfair, and outmoded...I will support efforts for mandatory sentencing reform, as well as push to research other models to bring our nation’s penal system to the world's forefront."
- Excerpt: "The government's role in regulating the internet should be limited to the protection of Americans privacy... I will vote against any regulations concerning internet freedom, as well as spearhead efforts to stop certain government agencies from spying on our citizens."
- Foreign policy and national security
- Excerpt: "I will vote down any increase in military budget. I will be a voice of reason to push back against escalations toward war. I will work with like minded leaders to reduce military spending to pre-cold war levels."
- Excerpt: "[E]ntitlement reform must come first. It is vital that we make the incentive to come here about creating a sustainable life as a US citizen, not reap temporary economic gain illegally."
- Same-sex marriage
- Excerpt: "I will not support any legislation that defines marriage. I will fight to make sure same sex marriages receive equal treatment under the law."
McMorris and his wife, Laura, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brannon + McMorris + Louisiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Advocate, "RNC launches anti-Landrieu ads," accessed January 13, 2014
- LinkedIn: "Brannon McMorris," accessed February 24, 2014
- Information Submitted Through Ballotpedia's Biographical Submission Form on February 14, 2014]
- Brannon McMorris: "The Issues," accessed February 24, 2014
- Facebook: "Brannon McMorris for US Senate, About," accessed February 24, 2014