Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 96|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Date of birth||03/18/1957|
Pogge currently works as a realtor.
She won re-election unopposed in the 2009 general election.
Pogge's official website states her positions on a number of issues, including:
- Improving Transportation: "We need to ensure that the Peninsula receives its fair share of transportation dollars. Those resources are vital if we are going to repair and build new roads, repair our bridges and solve our traffic problems."
- Improving Education: "Brenda Pogge will work to see that 65% of education funding is spent in the classrooms to pay for books, computers and teachers salaries."
- Reducing Wasteful Spending: "Government spending has more than doubled over the last 10 years and last year increased by 5%. We are now headed toward a $641 million budget shortfall. The answer is to eliminate wasteful spending not to raise taxes."
- Defending Our Values: "Brenda will be a reliable vote for traditional values and pro-family legislation. She helped lead the effort to pass the Marriage Amendment which defined marriage as being between one man and one woman."
In the 2012-2013 session, Pogge has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Pogge served on the following committees:
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- HB 1734 Concealed handgun permits; amends various processes, procedures, and requirements for obtaining.
- HB 1741 Firearms; possession or transportation thereof by persons under the age of 18, penalty.
- HB 1748 Concealed handgun permit; no requirement for fingerprinting if previously issued permit.
In 2009, Pogge was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 96 (2009)|
|Brenda Pogge (R)||21,400|
Delegate Pogge addressing AFP dinner
The top 5 donors to Pogge's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$2,750|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,250|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$2,000|
Pogge and her husband, Roger, have five children.
- Delegate Brenda Pogge official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Pogge
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Delegate Pogge Facebook profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Pogge
- WTOP 2009 Election Results
- Brenda Pogge Issues
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |