|Virginia House of Delegates District 96|
|2008 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
Pogge is a realtor.
In the 2012-2013 session, Pogge served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Pogge served on the following committees:
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- HB 1734 Concealed handgun permits; amends various processes, procedures, and requirements for obtaining.
- HB 1741 Firearms; possession or transportation thereof by persons under the age of 18, penalty.
- HB 1748 Concealed handgun permit; no requirement for fingerprinting if previously issued permit.
Pogge's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Improving Transportation
- Excerpt: "We need to ensure that the Peninsula receives its fair share of transportation dollars. Those resources are vital if we are going to repair and build new roads, repair our bridges and solve our traffic problems."
- Improving Education
- Excerpt: "Brenda Pogge will work to see that 65% of education funding is spent in the classrooms to pay for books, computers and teachers salaries."
- Reducing Wasteful Spending
- Excerpt: "Government spending has more than doubled over the last 10 years and last year increased by 5%. We are now headed toward a $641 million budget shortfall. The answer is to eliminate wasteful spending not to raise taxes."
- Defending Our Values
- Excerpt: "Brenda will be a reliable vote for traditional values and pro-family legislation. She helped lead the effort to pass the Marriage Amendment which defined marriage as being between one man and one woman."
Pogge is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 96. Pogge ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 96 (2009)|
|Brenda Pogge (R)||21,400|
Delegate Pogge addressing AFP dinner
In 2011, Pogge received $79,427 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brenda Pogge's campaign in 2011|
|Republican Party Of Virginia||$5,552|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
|Patten Wornom Hatten & Diamonstein Lc||$1,750|
|Total Raised in 2011||$79,427|
Listed below are the top five donors to Pogge's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$2,750|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,250|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$2,000|
Pogge and her husband, Roger, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brenda + Pogge + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Brenda Pogge official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Pogge
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Pogge
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Brenda Pogge Issues
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- WTOP 2009 Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |