|Idaho House of Representatives District 13A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Boise State University, 2005|
|Birthday||July 2, 1974|
|Place of birth||Nampa, ID|
|Profession||Vice President, Crane Alarm Service|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Personal
- 7 Recent news
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Crane earned his B.S. in Political Science from Boise State University. His professional experience includes working as the Vice President of Crane Alarm Service.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Crane served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Crane served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Affairs, Vice Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Crane served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• State Affairs|
Crane's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Building a Strong Economy"
- "Honesty and Integrity in Government"
- "Keeping Taxes Low"
- "Reducing Burdensome Regulations"
- "Traditional Family Values"
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Brent J. Crane defeated Patrick N. O'Brien in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 13A Republican Primary, 2014|
|Brent J. Crane Incumbent||74.3%||2,592|
|Patrick N. O'Brien||25.7%||895|
Crane won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 13A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Clayton Trehal (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 13A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brent Crane Incumbent||67.4%||10,706|
Crane won re-election to District Seat 13A in 2010 with no opposition. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 25th. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 13A (2010)|
|Brent Crane (R)||14,122||100%|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 13A (2008)|
|Eric Anderson (R)||10,030|
Comprehensive donor information for Crane is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Crane raised a total of $117,410 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Brent Crane's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 13A||$33,631|
|2010||Idaho House, District 13A||$25,436|
|2008||Idaho House, District 13A||$18,834|
|2006||Idaho House, District 13A||$39,509|
|Grand Total Raised||$117,410|
2012Crane won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Crane raised a total of $33,631.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brent Crane's campaign in 2012|
|Winning for Idaho||$2,300|
|Collins, Gary E.||$1,368|
|Canyon County Republican Central Committee||$1,076|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,631|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Crane was up for re-election, he collected $25,436 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brent Crane's campaign in 2010|
|Winning For Idaho||$1,500|
|Professional Fire Fighters Of Idaho||$1,250|
|Coeur D Alene Tribe||$1,000|
|Nampa Firefighters Local 804||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$25,436|
In 2008, Crane raised $18,834.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign.
|JR Simplot Co.||$1,500|
|Idaho Land Fund||$1,000|
|Professional Fire Fighters of Idaho||$1,000|
|Coeur D Alene Tribe||$1,000|
|Winning for Idaho||$1,000|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,000|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Crane received a score of 76 points in the 2013 index, ranking 16th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Crane and his wife, Rochenda, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brent + Crane + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Brent Crane's personal website
- Brent Crane's blog
- Brent Crane on the Idaho House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money campaign contributions
- Brent Crane on Facebook
- Brent Crane on Twitter
- Brent Crane at LinkedIn
- Brent Crane, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Crane, Brent," accessed December 12, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributors to Brent Crane," November 4, 2008
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
|Idaho House District 13A
| Succeeded by|