|Former candidate for|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner, real estate|
Nida provided the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I do not believe in 'Party Lines' only sound ideas and policy.||”|
Nida listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "[Nida] plans to increase pay and improve retirement benefits by innovating ways that public funds are distributed."
- Excerpt: "[Nida] has a plan to bring Wi-Fi to public areas, such as parks and shopping districts."
- Excerpt: "We must allow these industries room for innovation and reward them for safety and conservation."
Veterans and police
- Excerpt: "Eliminating frivolous spending is key to creating the funds needed to improve services for our veterans. [Nida] plans to invest in better technology for our police and programs to support our veterans as they transition from military service."
- Excerpt: "[Nida] will initiate or support any legislation that stands rather than stifles small business."
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 35 is represented by four delegates. Andrew Byrd, Thornton Cooper, Barbara Hatfield and Sherri Wong defeated John Caudill, IV, David Harless, Bret Nida, Joe Wallace and Gary Winter in the Democratic primary. Incumbents J.B. McCuskey, Eric Nelson, and Suzette Raines and Chris Stansbury defeated Richard McGinnis and Marie Sprouse-McDavid in the Republican primary. Byrd, McCuskey, Nelson, and Stansbury defeated Cooper, Hatfield, Wong, and Sprouse-McDavid in the general election. Raines withdrew from the race due to personal reasons and allegations from Democrats. She was replaced by Sprouse-McDavid on the general election ballot.
Nida is married with two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bret + Nida + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House of Delegates elections, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- Nida for House, "Who is Bret Nida?" accessed March 17, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 6, 2014
- Nida for House, "Issues," accessed March 17, 2014
- Charleston Daily Mail, "Officials rule GOP can't replace Raines on ballot," August 13, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |