|Wisconsin State Assembly District 77|
| Assumed office|
January 3, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 3, 2013
Hulsey has been a Dane County Board Supervisor since 1998. Hulsey is founder and president of Better Environmental Solutions, a small business that consults about renewable energy.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Hulsey defeated Republican David Redick, Green Party Ben Manski, and Independent David Olson in the November 2 general election. Hulsey defeated Democrats Dianne Hesselbein, John Imes, Fred Wade, and Douglas Zwank in the primary election. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 77 General Election (2010)|
|Brett Hulsey (D)||12,142|
|Ben Manski (G)||7,762|
|David Redick (R)||4,670|
|David Olson (I)||373|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 77 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Bret Hulsey (D)||2,904||44.17%|
|Dianne H. Hesselbein (D)||1,992||30.3%|
|Fred Wade (D)||1,125||17.11%|
|John Imes (D)||347||5.28%|
|Douglas C. Zwank (D)||205||3.12%|
Hulsey's slogan on the campaign website is "Progress for a better Wisconsin." He lists positions on the following issues, and generally emphasizes environmental issues.
- Conservation - Supports a ban on unnecessary commercial diesel idling.
- Energy - Supports clean jobs, clean energy and clean air.
- Health care - For a healthier Wisconsin.
- Human rights - Supports a wooman's right to choose.
- Human services - Believes in protecting vulnerable citizens, and champions seniors.
- Labor - Believes he understands labor issues. 
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Hulsey on Facebook
- Hulsey's profile on LinkedIn
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 77
2010 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |