|Former candidate for|
|California State Assembly, District 33|
Savage's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
High Desert First
- Excerpt: "The High Desert needs a representative that is willing to fight for it. I have spent my whole life here. I want a safe and prosperous community. I am not going to Sacramento with an agenda, I am going to Sacramento to fight for the proud people of the High Desert."
- Excerpt: "The growth of the High Desert economy depends on free enterprise. We need to ease the burden on our communities’ small businesses. We must lower the cost of starting and running a business. We must reduce regulation and promote industry. We need to foster an environment to bring back private businesses and promote job growth."
Protecting the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Our right to bear arms is under constant attack. In Sacramento I will not only fight to protect the Second Amendment from further assault, but work to restore those rights that have already been taken away from us."
Staunch Supporter of Law Enforcement
- Excerpt: "Security is one of the most fundamental purposes of government. Serious crimes warrant serious penalties. We need to protect those that protect us and support law enforcement and their families for the remarkable sacrifices they make every day. I was born and raised in a law enforcement family and I personally know the sacrifices made both those in uniform and the families that love them."
- Excerpt: "Education is the key to America’s place at the top of the global community. I want to ensure that every child is provided an education for not only their bright futures, but the future of the American people."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. John Coffey (D) and Jay Obernolte (R) defeated Michelle Ambrozic (R), Art Bishop (R), Robert J. "Bob" Buhrle (R), Robert Larivee (R), Jerry J. Laws (R), Scott Markovich (R), Rick Roelle (R) and Brett Savage (R) in the blanket primary. Coffey will face Obernolte in the general election.
In 2014, Savage's endorsements include the following:
- Larry Cusack, Apple Valley Town Council
- Bill Holland, Hesperia Council Member
- Jack Collingsworth, Small Business Owner, First Council Member of Apple Valley
- Dennis Bender, Apple Valley School Board, Educator for over 30 years
- Bob Tinsley, Apple Valley Planning Commission
- Mike Cambridge, Small Business Owner
- Pete Nadler, VP/GM of McElroy Metal
- Craig Kudrle, High Desert Realtor
- Charles Siegel, Retired Air Force Pilot
- James Davis, Retired Firefighter
- Bob Almond, President and CEO of Almond Rock
- Dr. Jamie Velasco, Veterinarian
- Jim Roycroft, Retired Army
- Joe Janowicz, Sheriff Homicide Detective
- Mark Yates, Financial Advisor
- Robert Espinoza, Hesperia Community Leader and
- Small Business Owner
- Dr. Kelly Ahmed, Physician
- Carl Coleman, Division Director of Mojave Water Agency
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brett + Savage + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 33
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Brett Savage on Facebook
- savageforassembly.com, "Issues," accessed May 12, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- savageforassembly.com, "Endorsements," accessed May 12, 2014