|Michigan House of Representatives District 1|
|Bachelor's||Wayne State University|
|Master's||Wayne State University|
|J.D.||Michigan State University College of Law|
Banks is an adjunct professor at Baker College and is on-staff at Rodnick, Unger, and Kaner, P.C.
He received his JD from Michigan State University College of Law and holds both a Bachelor of Science and Master of Education from Wayne State University.
Banks is running in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 1. He is running against Scott Benson, Christopher Cavanagh, Valerie Kindle, and Gregory Robinson in the Democratic primary on August 7. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
On his website, Banks list the following endorsements:
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters & Millwrights
- Teamsters Local 299
- Michigan Education Association (MEA)
- Young Democrats of Michigan
- Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon
- Bishop J. Drew Sheard, Greater Emmanuel Institutional COGIC
- Pastor Mark Holloway, Peace & Goodwill Baptist Church
- State Representative Harvey Santana
- State Representative Kate Segal
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Banks + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this candidate due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia, May 23 2012
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 5, 2012
- Brian Banks for State Rep, "Endorsements," accessed June 21, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |