|Oklahoma State Senate District 39|
|November 23, 2016|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||12 years total in state legislative chambers|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma, 1983|
|J.D.||University of Tulsa Law School, 1991|
|Place of birth||Andrews Air Force Base, MD|
Crain received a B.B.A. in Management from the University of Oklahoma in 1983 and a J.D. from the University of Tulsa Law School in 1991. In addition to serving as a state senator, Crain works as an attorney at the Boone, Smith, Davis, Hurst and Dickman law firm. Crain's law practice focuses primarily on title and real property law.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Crain served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Commerce|
|• Health and Human Services, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Crain served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Retirement and Insurance|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Crain served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• General Government|
|• Health and Human Services|
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Crain ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma Senate District 39. Crain defeated Kevin McDugle in the Republican primary on June 26 and defeated Julie Hall in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|State Senate, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brian Crain Incumbent||56.9%||19,018|
|Oklahoma State Senate District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Brian A. Crain Incumbent||53%||3,611|
On November 2, 2004, Crain was elected to Oklahoma Senate District 39.
Crain raised $35,348 for his campaign.
|Oklahoma Senate District 39|
|BRIAN A. CRAIN (R)||20,565|
|MICHAEL A. SHIFLET (D)||6,856|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year. Below are Crain's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Henry Zarrow (Energy & Natural Resources)||$5,000|
|Aubrey K. McClendon (Energy & Natural Resources)||$5,000|
|Associated Anesthesiologists PAC||$5,000|
|Masoud Moazami (Health)||$4,0000|
Crain was born at Andrews, AFB, Maryland and moved to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at three years old. He married his wife, Lori, in 1990. They have two daughters: Sarah and Catherine.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Crain + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board - Unofficial 2012 primary results
- Oklahoma State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," June 26, 2012
- Follow the Money's report on 2008 campaign contributions
- Oklahoma State Election Board unopposed results
- "Oklahoma State Senate official election results for 2004"
- Follow the Money's report on 2006 campaign contributions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Oklahoma Endorsements," March 5, 2012
|Oklahoma State Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|