Brian Jones (Maine)
|Maine House of Representatives, District 45|
|December 5, 2012-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Maine (1980)|
|Master's||University of Maine (2006)|
Jones serves as a Selectman in Freedom.
Jones earned his B.A. in English from the University of Southern Maine in 1980 and his M.Ed. from the University of Maine in 2006. His professional experience includes working as a high school teacher and principal.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry|
Jones outlined four main themes of his campaign:
- "Create meaningful job opportunities for all Maine workers"
- "Protect our seniors and the most vulnerable in our community"
- "Provide a quality education for the next generation"
- "Ensure an effective, efficient, accountable, and principled state government."
Jones won election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 45. Jones ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent R. Ryan Harmon (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Brian Jones Incumbent||50.3%||2,253|
|Republican||R. Ryan Harmon||49.7%||2,222|
Comprehensive donor information for Jones is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Jones raised a total of $4,576 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|Brian Jones's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 45||$4,576|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,576|
2012Jones won election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $4,576.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brian Jones (Maine)'s campaign in 2012|
|Jones, Brian Lloyd||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,576|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Jones has been a volunteer firefighter for nearly 30 years and has served on Freedom's budget committee, planning board, and as the Town's school committee representative.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Jones + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Brian Jones
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Brian Jones on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia, July 16, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Jones, Brian," accessed September 13, 2013
R. Ryan Harmon (R)
|Maine House of Representatives District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |