|California State Assembly District 77|
|December 3, 2012-present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of California-Santa Barbara|
|J.D.||California Western School of Law|
Maienshein earned his Bachelor's degree from University of California-Santa Barbara and his J.D. from California Western School of Law.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Maienschein served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business, Professions and Consumer Protection|
|• Housing and Community Development|
|• Human Services, Vice-chair|
On his 2012 campaign site, Maienschein outlines his campaign themes:
- "Special interests control our legislature — demanding larger and larger portions of our shrinking revenues — and must be reined in. I will fight to end pension abuses and to put the interests of taxpayers and our state above those of special interests. Together we can work to reduce anti-business legislation to create more jobs, protect our education system and improve our neighborhoods. I’d be honored to have your vote. "
- In March, Republican candidates Steiner and Maienshien participated in a "Four Question Forum" for 760 KFMB. Audio of the forum can be found here.
Maienschein won election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 77. He advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Dustin Steiner (R) and Greg Laskaris (I). Maienschein defeated Ruben Hernandez (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ruben "RJ" Hernandez||39.9%||75,824|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2012, Maienschein's endorsements included the following:
- U.S. Representative Duncan Hunter
- State senator Mark Wyland
- Assemblymember Brian Jones
- Assemblymember Allan Mansoor
- Assemblymember Stephen Knight
- Assemblymember Shannon Grove
- Assemblymember Donald Wagner
- Assemblymember Brian Nestande
- Assemblymember Jim Silva
- Assemblymember David Valadao
- Assemblymember Martin Garrick
- Former Assemblymember Charlene Zettel
- County Supervisor Dianne Jacob
- County Supervisor Ron Roberts
- County Supervisor Greg Cox
- San Diego City Attorney Jan Goldsmith
- The Lincoln Club of San Diego County
- San Diego County Deputy Sheriff’s Association
- National Federation of Independent Business
- California Small Business Association
- Republican Party of San Diego County
- County Supervisor Candidate Steve Danon
- San Diego City Councilmember Kevin Faulconer
- San Diego City Councilmember Lorie Zapf
- Poway Mayor Don Higginson
- Poway Councilmember Merrilee Boyack
- Escondido Councilman Ed Gallo
- Former San Diego City Councilwoman Barbara Warden
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Maienschein + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Brian Jones (R)
|California Assembly District 77
| Succeeded by|