|Missouri State Senate, District 26|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 5, 2015
Nieves was a Corpman in the United States Navy from 1984-1994. He has also worked as a business speaker, Owner of Highway 66 Auto Sales, Zone Pastor of Living Bread Church, Owner of Nieves Enterprises, and a substitute teacher. Substitute Teacher.
Nieves is a member of Living Bread International Church, present. He is married and has 3 children.
On the issues
Health Care Compact
"No New Taxes" pledge
In Missouri for 2011, a minority of lawmakers signed the "No New Taxes Pledge." Only four out of 34 state Senate members signed the pledge. Out of 163 state House members, only 35 lawmakers have signed.
Nieves signed the pledge.
- Ex-officio member of all committees of the House
- Interim Committee on State Intelligence Analysis Oversight
- International Trade and Immigration
- Fiscal Review
- Special Standing Committee on General Laws
On November 2, 2010 Nieves won election to the Missouri State Senate.
|Missouri State Senate, District 26 General election (2010)|
|Brian Nieves (R)||42,112|
|George Weber (D)||19,063|
|Richard Newton (C)||2,988|
Brian Nieves raised $57,949 for his campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 98|
|Brian Nieves (R)||10,356||60.0%|
|Jim Mense (D)||6,909||40.0%|
Nieves was a primary supporter of putting Missouri Constitutional Amendment 1 (2008) on the ballot.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Brian Nieves' 2008 campaign.
|98th Republican Legislative District CMTE||$5,575|
|L. B. Eckelkamp Jr.||$2,825|
|Rivertown Enterprises Inc||$2,000|
|Franklin County Republican Central Comm||$1,750|
- Missouri House of Representatives - Rep. Brian Nieves
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Nieves
- PoliticMo, "Missouri to consider joining interstate compact on health care", February 7, 2011
- "Minority of state lawmakers sign ‘no-new-taxes’ pledge," Missouri Watchdog, November 16, 2010
- Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Nieves' 2008 campaign contributions
|Missouri State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri State House District 98
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |