|Missouri State Senate, District 26|
| Assumed office|
January 5, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 5, 2015
Nieves was a Corpman in the United States Navy from 1984-1994. He has also worked as a business speaker, Owner of Highway 66 Auto Sales, Zone Pastor of Living Bread Church, Owner of Nieves Enterprises, and a substitute teacher. Substitute Teacher.
Nieves is a member of Living Bread International Church, present.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nieves has been appointed to these committees:
- Education, Vice Chair
- Joint Committee on Education
- General Laws, Vice Chair
- Jobs, Economic Development and Local Government
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Nieves served on these committees:
- Ex-officio member of all committees of the House
- Interim Committee on State Intelligence Analysis Oversight
- International Trade and Immigration
- Fiscal Review
- Special Standing Committee on General Laws
On the issues
Health Care Compact
"No New Taxes" pledge
In Missouri for 2011, a minority of lawmakers signed the "No New Taxes Pledge." Only four out of 34 state Senate members signed the pledge. Out of 163 state House members, only 35 lawmakers have signed.
Nieves signed the pledge.
On November 2, 2010 Nieves won election to the Missouri State Senate.
|Missouri State Senate, District 26 General election (2010)|
|Brian Nieves (R)||42,112|
|George Weber (D)||19,063|
|Richard Newton (C)||2,988|
Brian Nieves raised $57,949 for his campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 98|
|Brian Nieves (R)||10,356||60.0%|
|Jim Mense (D)||6,909||40.0%|
Nieves was a primary supporter of putting Missouri English Official Language, Constitutional Amendment 1 (2008) on the ballot.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Brian Nieves' 2008 campaign.
|98th Republican Legislative District CMTE||$5,575|
|L. B. Eckelkamp Jr.||$2,825|
|Rivertown Enterprises Inc||$2,000|
|Franklin County Republican Central Comm||$1,750|
Nieves is married and has 3 children.
- Missouri House of Representatives - Rep. Brian Nieves
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- PoliticMo, "Missouri to consider joining interstate compact on health care", February 7, 2011
- "Minority of state lawmakers sign ‘no-new-taxes’ pledge," Missouri Watchdog, November 16, 2010
- Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Nieves' 2008 campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Nieves
|Missouri State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri State House District 98
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |