|New Jersey General Assembly District 9|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
A practicing attorney, Rumpf served as Mayor of Little Egg Harbor Township from 2000-2005. He is a member of the All Saints Regional Catholic School Parent Teacher Association, chairman of the Great Bay Police Association, and trustee for Southern Ocean County Hospital. 
Rumpf's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test he lists his top priorities:
We are strongly committed to reforming New Jersey's system of property taxation. One of the most direct methods toward achieving this goal would be to reduce state spending and take a more fiscally responsible approach to the use of taxpayer dollars. Furthermore, stronger ethic reform measures must be instituted such as closing loopholes within existing law to end the practice of using government contracts to obtain campaign contributions, more commonly known as "pay-to-play." Additionally, stronger sentences must be established for corrupt politicians who misplace the public trust.
- A298 Repeals State and local hotel and motel occupancy taxes and voids existing municipal implementing ordinances.
- A311 Criminalizes fifth or subsequent drunk driving offenses.
- A1702 Eliminates the New Jersey inheritance tax
- A3446 " 'Invest in New Jersey First' Act;" requires preference in awarding certain contracts for critical infrastructure projects. 
Rumpf is running for re-election in 2011. Rumpf is bracketed with incumbent DiAnne Gove in the Republican Primary on June 7. The top-two vote getters will advance to the general election on November 8, 2011.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Ninth Legislative District (2009)|
|Brian E. Rumpf (R)||54,311|
|DiAnne Gove (R)||52,667|
|Richard P. Visotcky (D)||26,482|
|Robert E. Rue (D)||25,365|
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Brian Rumpf
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ 9th legislative district - Brian Rumpf
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Rumpf
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Rumpf Issue Positions
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Unofficial General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
|New Jersey General Assembly District 9
| Succeeded by|