Difference between revisions of "Briggs Hopson"
|Line 132:||Line 132:|
| align="right" | $1,000
| align="right" | $1,000
Revision as of 15:05, 15 February 2012
|Mississippi State Senate District 23|
|2008 - Present|
|January 10, 2012|
|Years in position||6|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
|J.D.||University of Mississippi, 1990|
|Place of birth||Memphis, TN|
Hopson joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 23rd district.
Hopson has worked as an Adjunct Professor at the Mississippi College Law School. He is currently an Attorney.
Hopson attended the University of Mississippi.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Hopson has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Health and Welfare Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Tourism Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Universities and Colleges Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Briggs Hopson raised $131,363 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 23|
|Briggs Hopson (R)||9867||68.9%|
|Eric Rawlings (D)||4443||31.1%|
In 2009 Briggs Hopson collected $8,872 in donations. 
His five largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Mississippi Eye PAC||$1,000|
|Affiliated Computer Systems||$1,000|
|Entertainment Software Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Briggs + Hopson + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Hopson and his wife, Allison, have three children.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
405 Long Leaf Cove
Vicksburg, MS 39180
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Hopson's 2007 campaign contributions
- 2009 contributors to Briggs Hopson
|Mississippi State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|