|Mississippi State Senate District 23|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Hopson attended the University of Mississippi.
Hopson has worked as an Adjunct Professor at the Mississippi College Law School. He is currently an Attorney.
Hopson joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 23rd district.
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Health and Welfare Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Tourism Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Universities and Colleges Committee, Mississippi Senate
Briggs Hopson raised $131,363 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 23|
|Briggs Hopson (R)||9867||68.9%|
|Eric Rawlings (D)||4443||31.1%|
In 2009 Briggs Hopson collected $8,872 in donations. 
His five largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Mississippi Eye PAC||$1,000|
|Affiliated Computer Systems||$1,000|
|Entertainment Software Association||$1,000|
Hopson and his wife, Allison, have three children.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
405 Long Leaf Cove
Vicksburg, MS 39180
|Mississippi State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found