|Candidate for |
New Jersey Senate District 31
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Alston ran in the 2011 election for New Jersey Senate District 31. He was defeated by Democratic incumbent Sandra Cunningham in the primary on June 7, 2011. Republican candidate Donnamarie James ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary. The general election took place on November 8, 2011.
|New Jersey State Senate District 31 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Sandra Cunningham Incumbent||85.1%||7,489|
On April 14, 2011, Alston was arrested by Jersey City police for three outstanding warrants. Alston said the warrants were for fines amounting to $1,950 and were more than a dozen years old. He blamed the arrests on a political ploy to smear his campaign.
- Project Vote Smart biography of Bruce Alston
- Campaign Facebook Page
- Vote NJ profile for Bruce Alston
- NJ.com, "Jersey City businessman Bruce Alston says he will challenge Sen. Cunningham in Democratic primary," October 29, 2010
- Politicker NJ, "Alston plans to make Cunningham's support for Christie budget an issue in Senate race," March 1, 2011
- NJ.com, "Jersey City police arrest Senate candidate Bruce Alston for three outstanding warrants," April 15, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- Jersey Journal "State senate candidate Bruce Alston picked up on outstanding warrants, Jersey City cops say," April1 14, 2011
- Jersey Journal "Senate candidate Bruce Alston of Jersey City arrested on three warrants more than a dozen years old, pays $1,950 in fines, and blame for the incident on "the machine" April 15, 2011