|Indiana House of Representatives,District 45|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Indiana House of Representatives|
|2004 - 2012|
Borders' professional experience includes owning Borders Insurance and Financial Services and working as an Elvis impersonator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Borders served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Borders served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Kreg Battles was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Bruce Borders was unopposed in the Republican primary. Battles will face Borders in the general election.
Borders ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 45. Borders ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and was defeated by District 64 incumbent Kreg Battles (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kreg Battles Incumbent||50.1%||12,540|
|Republican||Bruce Borders Incumbent||49.9%||12,465|
In the May 4th primary, Borders ran unopposed and received 3,934 votes.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 45 General Election (2010)|
|Bruce Borders (R)||11,588|
|Jesse James (D)||7,866|
Borders ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 4th.
On November 4, 2008, Republican Bruce Borders won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives District 45 receiving 12,700 votes, ahead of Democrat Richard A. Marshall who received 11,608 votes.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 45 (2008)|
|Bruce Borders (R)||12,700|
|Richard A. Marshall (D)||11,608|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 45 (2006)|
|Bruce Borders (R)||11,719|
|Michael Dudley Bledsoe (D)||8,354|
In 2010, Borders collected $20,535 in donations. The top contributors are as follows:
|Indiana House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bruce Borders's campaign in 2010|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Indiana||$6,250|
|Insurance Institute Of Indiana||$1,000|
|United For Health Rep The Employer Of United Health A United Health Group Inc PAC||$550|
|Indiana Beverage Alliance||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$20,535|
In 2008, Borders collected $103,560 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Indiana Republican Party||$32,594|
|House Republican Campaign Committee of Indiana||$20,761|
|Bruce A. Borders||$15,000|
|All Children Matter||$15,000|
|Indiana-Kentucky Regional Council of Carpenters||$1,500|
|Operating Engineers Local 841||$1,200|
|Indiana State Association of Health Underwriters||$1,000|
|Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana||$1,000|
In 2006, Borders collected $37,259 in donations.
Listed below are the top 5 contributors to his campaign.
|House Republican Campaign Committee of Indiana||$6,737|
|Indiana Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Insurance Institute of Indiana||$4,000|
|Indiana-Kentucky Regional Council of Carpenters||$2,250|
|National Federation of Independent Business||$1,250|
He is a member of the First Assembly of God Church, and a Leader with the Royal Rangers Jasonville Chapter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bruce + Borders + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana House of Representatives - Rep. Bruce Borders
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010,2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2008 Official election results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2006 Official election results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana House 2010 Donors
- Borders Campaign Donors
- 2006 Campaign Donors
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Borders
|Indiana House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|
Kreg Battles (D)
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |