|Running for U.S. Senate, Maine|
|Date of primary||June 12, 2012|
|General election||November 6, 2012|
| 2010 - Present|
|Years in position ||5|
|High school||Phillips Academy|
|Bachelor's||Harvard University (1976)|
|Place of birth||Waterville, Maine|
is the Maine Treasurer
. He was appointed in 2010 by Gov. Paul LePage
. Poliquin was a 2012 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. Senate
. Poliquin was defeated by Charles Summers
in the Republican primary on June 12, 2012.
- Private sector business owner and manager for the past 35 years
- 1976: Harris Trust and Savings Bank in Chicago, Employee benefits area
- 1978: Evaluation Associates, Inc. in Westport, Connecticut, a nationally recognized pension fund consulting firm
- 1981-1996: Principal of Avatar Investors Associates Corporation in New York, an independent investment management firm
- Phillips Academy, Andover
- 1976: Harvard University
Poliquin was appointed in 2010 by Gov. Paul LePage.
- See also: Endorsements by state officials of presidential candidates in the 2012 election
Bruce Poliquin endorsed Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election.
- See also: United States Senate elections in Maine, 2012
Poliquin was running in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Maine. Poliquin was seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. He faced Scott D'Amboise, Richard Bennett, Charles Summers, Debra Plowman, and William Schneider in the June 12 Republican primary. He was defeated by Charles Summers in the Republican primary. The Democratic primary was between Benjamin Pollard, Matthew Dunlap, Cynthia Dill, and Jon Hinck. Cynthia Dill won the Democratic nomination and will face Summers in the general election, along with third party candidates Andrew Ian Dodge, Aaron Marston, and Angus King.
Peloquin ran for Governor of Maine in 2010, but lost in the Republican primary.
| 2010 Race for Governor - Republican Primary 
| Paul LePage (R)
| Leslie B. Otten (R)
| S. Peter Mills (R)
| Steven W. Abbott (R)
| Bill Beardsley (R)
| Bruce Poliquin (R)
| Matthew C. Jacobson (R)
| Total votes
Poliquin lives in Georgetown, Maine with his son, Sam.
| Political offices
|Maine State Treasurer
| Succeeded by|