|South Dakota State Senate District 30|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana|
|Profession||Owner, American State Bank|
He spent 19 years working in the banking industry as a bank president. He now owns American State Bank and is the vice president of Public Relations for First Interstate Bank.
Rampelberg earned his B.S. in Business Education from the University of Montana. He and his wife Sandee have two sons and three grandchildren.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rampelberg served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Retirement Laws|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rampelberg served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Joint Appropriations|
|• Retirement Laws, Chair|
Rampelberg won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 30. Rampelberg defeated George Ferebee in the Republican primary on June 5. No Democratic candidates filed. Rampelberg was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate District 30 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Bruce Rampelberg Incumbent||57.8%||1,830|
Rampelberg defeated George Ferebee in the June 8 primary. He did not have any opposition in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 30 (2010)|
|Bruce Rampelberg (R)||7,925||100.00%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Rampelberg raised a total of $21,075 in campaign funds. His top contributors were:
Rampelberg and his wife Sandee have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bruce + Rampelberg + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Bruce+Rampelberg+South+Dakota+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Bruce Rampelberg News Feed
- Bruce Rampelberg campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Project Vote Smart: Senator Bruce Rampelberg (SD)
- Rapid City Journal: "Banker Bruce Rampelberg running for District 30 state senate seat"
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State "Official Primary Results," June 12, 2012
- 2010 Campaign Contributions
Gordon Howie (R)
|South Dakota State Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|