|Michigan House of Representatives District 103|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Associate's||Ferris State University|
Rendon is the owner and operator of Rendon Quality Construction, Inc. Bruce became a licensed builder in 1978, and worked fro Blink Lumber company for 11 years. He then started his own business with a partner in 1982 and 1991. His leadership roles include President of the local HBA three times, regional president and treasurer of the MAHB (Michigan Association of Home Builders), where he oversaw a $1.9 million budget.
He graduated in 1978 with his Associates degree in Architectural Design and Drafting from Ferris State University.
Rendon's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs for Michigan
- Excerpt:"As an employer for the past 28 years here in the 103rd district I know first hand what it takes to create real jobs in our communities. This is the number one issue facing Michigan's strained economy."
Private Property Rights
- Excerpt:"We must protect private property rights so each owner can use their land they have spent years paying taxes on and maintaining. Many land use restrictions go too far and ultimately devalue their land."
Right to Life
- Excerpt:"There is no middle ground for me on this issue. It is not up to us as a society to decide if we can take a human life. This is God’s gift to create a new life."
Second Amendment – The Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt:"Hunting and our 2nd Amendment rights are not only a large part of our state’s economy, they are a part of our national heritage."
- Excerpt:"Affordable health insurance is a basic quality of life each citizen has to expect."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rendon served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rendon served on these committees:
- Families and Children's Services
- Intergovernmental and Regional Affairs
- Regulatory Reform
- Statutory Committee on Administrative Rules, Vice Chair
Rendon won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 103. He defeated Matthew Sherman and Brenton Weiss in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Lon Johnson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 103, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bruce Rendon Incumbent||52.8%||23,308|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 103 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Bruce Rendon Incumbent||72.1%||7,840|
Rendon won election to the District 103 Seat in 2010. He defeated Phil Bendily, Larry Boyce, Tony Gojcaj, Dave Ryan, Susan Vick and Charles Webb in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Van Sheltrown (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 103 General election (2010)|
|Bruce Rendon (R)||19,930|
|Van Sheltrown (D)||11,958|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Rendon raised $106,113 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Michigan||$34,903|
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Bolger Restore Michigan Fund||$5,000|
|Michigan Republican Party||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bruce + Rendon + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Bruce Rendon received a 71% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Rendon and his wife Darie have two children.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Joel Sheltrown (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 103
2011 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |